Coming May 12-14, 2017!
Why Edgewater Needs a Community Festival
If you have lived in Edgewater more than ten years, you remember Edgewater Days. Edgewater Days was a well known, multi-day festival that celebrated the Edgewater community complete with a parade and many other different events. It began in the 1960s and ran through the mid-2000s. In 1987, Westword ranked Edgewater Days as the “Best Big-city, Small Town Festival.”
We believe it is time to bring back a community festival that showcases the great businesses, history, schools, organizations and other community assets in Edgewater. The Edgewater Community Festival will be held Friday, May 12 through Sunday morning, May 14, 2017 and many of the activities will take place in Citizen’s Park.
Preliminary Schedule of Events
Friday, May 12
Saturday, May 13
9:00 am – Edgewater 5k Pre-Registration
9:20 am – Fun Run/Pet Parade
10:45 am – Edgewater 5k Awards
12:00 pm – Festival Opens in Citizen’s Park
- Food trucks
- Car Show at Edgewater Elementary
- School and PTA booths
- History/Art/Gardening Zone
- Kids Zone with inflatables
- Edgewater Business Zone
- Bands at the Pavilion Stage
- Homebrew Competition and Beer Garden
- For more details on the homebrew competition, visit the Edgewater Fermentation Society website here
- Beer from Joyride Brewing Company
- Wine from Bottles and Bitters
- Kombucha from Happy Leaf
9:00 pm – Festival Closes
Sunday, May 14
8:00 am – Pancake Breakfast at the Edgewater American Legion
9:00 am – Community Yoga and Exercise
Business Involvement Opportunities
- Sign up as a sponsor for the event
- Donate $50 to become a table sponsor for the festival seating area or the pancake breakfast. We’ll post your logo and business information on your table.
- Encourage employees to run in the 5k
- Sign up to have a booth in the Business Zone
- Encourage employees to volunteer at the events
- Encourage family and friends to attend
- Hang posters for the event in your business
- Share info about the event on social media
For More Information
Joel Newton, Edgewater Collective
Supporting the College Jumpstart Program with Jefferson High
All funds raised from the Edgewater Community Festival will go toward the College Jumpstart program which is focused on providing the necessary supports and resources to empower Jefferson High School graduates to take the next step in their education toward the goal of completing that track and attaining a solid career.
Special thanks to our sponsors!