Coming May 12-14, 2017!
Why Edgewater Needs a Community Festival
If you have lived in Edgewater more than ten years, you remember Edgewater Days. Edgewater Days was a well known, multi-day festival that celebrated the Edgewater community complete with a parade and many other different events. It began in the 1960s and ran through the mid-2000s. In 1987, Westword ranked Edgewater Days as the “Best Big-city, Small Town Festival.”
We believe it is time to bring back a community festival that showcases the great businesses, history, schools, organizations and other community assets in Edgewater. The Edgewater Community Festival will be held Friday, May 12 through Sunday morning, May 14, 2017 and many of the activities will take place in Citizen’s Park.
Join us as we work to connect our thriving community with our schools!
Preliminary Schedule of Events
Friday, May 12
3-6:30 pm – Edgewater 5k Packet Pickup and Late Registration at the Citizen’s Park Pavilion (5401 W. 22nd Avenue)
Saturday, May 13
9:00 am – Edgewater 5k Late Registration
9:30 am – 1k Fun Run
10:45 am – Edgewater 5k Awards
12:00 pm – Festival Opens in Citizen’s Park
- Food trucks
- Car Show
- School and PTA booths
- History/Art/Gardening Zone
- Kids Zone with inflatables
- Edgewater Business Zone
- Bands at the Pavilion Stage
- Homebrew Competition and Beer Garden
- For more details on the homebrew competition, visit the Edgewater Fermentation Society website here
- Beer from Joyride Brewing Company
- Kombucha from Happy Leaf
9:00 pm – Festival Closes
Sunday, May 14
Visit one of our great local restaurants for Mother’s Day Brunch:
- Rupert’s at the Edge: Bottomless mimosas
- Sloan’s Bar and Grill: Featuring $2 mimosas and $4 build your own bloody mary bar
- Providence Tavern: Bottomless mimosas and special drink deals
- GB Fish and Chips: Mimosas all day and kids eat free
11:00 am – Ribbon Cutting at Wine Beer Fat (5350 W. 25th Ave.)
FREE Exercise Classes
- QiFlow Yoga + Essential Oils at 9:30 am – Sign up here
- Pilates class at Club Pilates at 11:00 am – To sign up, send an email to email@example.com and include your name, email and phone number
- Titanium Training Camp at Titanium Fitness Center at 1 pm – Sign up here
Free Entry to the Festival!!!
Some elements of the festival involve a small fee but the proceeds benefit the College Jumpstart program with Jefferson Jr/Sr High School:
- Edgewater 5k does involve a registration visit. Click here for more details.
- Drinks from Happy Leaf Kombucha, Bottles and Bitters and Joyride will be available for a fee
- Entry into the Homebrew Competition to sample local beers is $5 and comes with a commemorative sampling glass
- Food and drinks from the food trucks will be available for a fee
- Snow cones and cotton candy will be available for $1 each
- Edgewater tshirts and hats will be $15
Cash is encouraged but we will have a few credit card scanners
For More Information
Joel Newton, Edgewater Collective
Supporting the College Jumpstart Program with Jefferson High
All funds raised from the Edgewater Community Festival will go toward the College Jumpstart program which is focused on providing the necessary supports and resources to empower Jefferson High School graduates to take the next step in their education toward the goal of completing that track and attaining a solid career.
Special thanks to our sponsors!