On January 26, seniors and their families took part in an exciting scholarship award dinner at Jefferson Junior/Senior High School. These students were chosen for a Beyond Jeffco scholarship through the Jeffco Schools Foundation. These scholarships come from the state Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative (COSI).
These scholarships are part of a larger collaboration of college and career partners working with current seniors at Jefferson. The goal of College Jumpstart is providing the necessary supports and resources to empower Jefferson High School graduates to take the next step in their education toward the goal of completing that track and attaining a solid career. This is the last step in the Jefferson Success Pathway and an important bridge from Jefferson to college or career.
As part of this College Jumpstart project, our partners on the College/Career Preparation Team are committed to offering the following supports this spring, summer and into the fall as students transition to the next opportunity:
- Job Placement
- Job Skill Education
Invest in College Jumpstart
With decreased funding for our local schools, we believe it is up to local residents and businesses to help fund school projects like College Jumpstart. This spring and summer we are hoping to raise $50,000 to support College Jumpstart. These funds will go to the following elements of the program:
- $10,000 for Goodwill CareerPlus mentoring program at Jefferson
- $10,000 for Beyond Jeffco Scholarships for Jefferson students
- $10,000 for College Jumpstart Week
- $10,000 for college enrollment incentives like computer and printer for each student
- $10,000 for Edgewater Collective and the backbone support of this project
Click here to donate online and mention “College Jumpstart” in the Additional Comments section of the form.
Donations can also be mailed to:
5220 W. 25th Avenue
Edgewater, CO 80214
Our desire is to connect local businesses to this effort in a way that benefits our students and local businesses.
Here are some ways businesses can join this effort:
- Host a table for your business at our job fair on May 3
- Hire a Jefferson graduate this summer and encourage them to follow through on their college enrollment
- Invest financially in the College Jumpstart project
If you are a local business owner that would like to learn more about how you can join this effort, contact Joel Newton at 303-658-0779 or email@example.com.